Cherish the Earth for a Day
Time & Location
About The Event
To observe the 50th Earth Day, BLIA San Francisco will be organizing “Cherish the Earth for a Day” event on April 30th which is also the same date as Buddha’s Birthday in Chinese Lunar Calendar this year.
We welcome everyone to cherish the available resources, support recycling and reuse, practice low-carbon livings, adopt eco-friendly and green environment and deepen the sense of spiritual preservation in response to climate change and enrich our lives by practice three acts of goodness. All of our individual actions add up, and together we can make a difference for our earth, especially at the critical time of fighting coronavirus.
As part of this event, please commit to at least one of the following activities on April 30th:
- Whole day dharma self-retreat: Meditation, Chanting, sutra transcribing, watch Buddhism related videos, practice three acts of goodness in daily livings.
- Whole day vegetarian: Pledge on Vege Plan A website and be vegetarian for entire day.
- Adopt eco-friendly and green environment: Planting trees, flowers, vegetation around your environment.
- Support low-carbon living and stay away from electricity and electronics for 3 hours: Turn off lights, hands off mobile devices, and avoid doing activities that involves the use of electricity
- Recycle and reuse: Repurpose trash with recycle and reuse mindset to create crafts and art works.
After the event, please upload photos of you completing the above tasks here: https://forms.gle/hsQ9trDj2pL4VJKj9